Friday, February 5, 2016

Manila Folder Portfolio

I foresaw a problem when I was going to cut out some stickers for my class project. I needed a way to carry the stickers around without loosing, bending, or pealing them. I decided that a simple manila folder would work, but the bottom is opened and the stickers would fall out.

Here is the manila folder:

 This is the folder when it could be opened



Here is the problem:
I then taped up the bottom with some OD green military surplus duct tape. This stuff is sturdy and inexpensive.
I used a pair of pliers to hold the tape down while I closed the folder. 
I then added another short piece of tape along the side. I finished it by adding more tape onto the outside to make it sturdier and look neater. I later cut the piece of tape on the side from 3 inches down 2 inches. This allowed better access to the contents while still holding them inside.




This is the finished folder. You can see on the bottom right corner where I trimmed the tape. I decided to put one of my stickers on the front of it. This sticker is from my second run, it is black instead of silver and the circle is actually a circle.

This project was quick. It only took 20 minutes, which includes me finding the folder at my house, taping, and then photographing it. Simple, cheap, easy, and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment